This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website Got it!

Licensable Property

  • This is completely different to the licence described in the above case of Street and Mountford where the owner grants permission for a visitor to stay until requested to leave.
  • A licensable property requires the City Council to grant permission to a landlord to let a property via s.54. s.55  or s.80 of the HA 2004 .
  • A property designated by
    • statute or
    • local authority required to be licensed see License.
Published: 10 November 2013 Last Updated: 17 November 2021